Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day One!

“There is no magic cure, no making it all go away forever. There are only small steps forward; an easier day, an unexpected laugh, a mirror that doesn't matter anymore.” ♥

       Today I checked myself into treatment to once and for all beat this eating disorder! I honestly feel like I just broke up with my best friend! It has been a pretty rough day for me. Last night I only slept about 45 minutes. Then Kathy and I made the three hour drive up to Toledo. I was okay until I realized that I had to say goodbye to Kathy. It was a bitter sweet moment, but I know that I made the best decision for myself and my wellbeing.

       I met my counselor and she seems really nice, I hope and pray that I can open up to her about everything. I know that in order for me to finally get better I must let the past come out, and tell people what really happened. Then I had to eat! It was really hard and I cried through lunch. Snack was awful, I had to eat yogurt and granola; which wouldn't be that bad but the texture was AWFUL! I was gaging trying to get it down, but I managed and I kept it down! Dinner wasn't that bad for me, and I made it through without even crying. {Go ME}

       The girls here are really supportive, and it's really nice to finally have someone to talk to that understands me. My biggest worry about treatment was my roommate but God provided! I am really excited to see how our relationship grows. She seems like a really nice girl, and we have a lot of things in common. I guess God knew what he was doing; who would have guessed? Well I need to go and get some homework done, talk to you later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment